Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Talk on CBS

I'm a huge talk show fan so when I read that CBS was debuting a new talk show featuring Julie Chen, Sharon Osbourne, Holly Robinson Peete, Marissa Jaret Winokur, Leah Remini and Sarah Gilbert called "The Talk" I couldn't wait to see it.  I tuned in for the debut episode on October 18.  The show was so bad that I barely made it through to the end, but I reasoned that this was the first show and the ladies had to get used to each other. The other day I decided to give The Talk another try. What a big mistake that was!  One of the guests was Neil Patrick Harris and the ladies decided to give him a few gifts for his newborn twins.  I could not believe my eyes when Leah Remini tossed the baby bag that Sharon gave Neil across the floor! To call this woman obnoxious and rude is an understatement.  I think she really believes that she is Carrie Heffernen, the character she played on the King of Queens. Holly Robinson Peete is a good fit, Sarah Gilbert who is very quiet would be better behind the scenes, Sharon Osbourne is like the mother of the group, Julie Chen has an icy personality but she is professional, Marissa Jaret Winokur is bubbly as usual. Quite honestly I find this show boring and I won't be tuning in again.  If you want to watch a group of women who talk over each other and never agree on anything I suggest you head on over to the View, at least those ladies are entertaining.

Rating: 2/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment