Wednesday, January 5, 2011

What Happened to Lifetime TV?



My old dependable friend Lifetime TV has officially abandoned me.  There used to be a time when I could always look forward to curling up on the couch and catching a suspense filled, sometimes silly, always over the top Lifetime movie.  Through the years I've grown accustomed to such fare as The Betty Broderick Story, Our Mother's Murder, The Book of Ruth, Death of a Cheerleader and we can't forget those good old Moment of Truth movies.  I attempted to watch the Craigslist Killer the other night.  Where do I begin? Let's just say I almost wasted two hours of my life that I could never have gotten back, but I turned after the first half hour.  I remember when Lifetime Sunday's used to be a marathon of non-stop movies that me and my girlfriends loved.  The old Lifetime may not have offered Oscar worthy productions, but at least they kept us entertained. We live in a youth obsessed world and the writers and producers go after that audience.  But Lifetime is supposed to be television for women! These new actors and actresses make me feel as if I'm sitting through one of those never ending junior high school plays. Come on Lifetime TV give us back our old sitcom actresses like Meredith Baxter Birney, Delta Burke and Judith Light.  Heck, at this point I'll even settle for Tori Spelling.

Rating: 2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment